From setback to comeback
Certified Life Coach
Do you feel overwhelmed?
Not so long ago your life was ticking along according to plan:
- grinding through the work week and daydreaming about takeout on Friday night
- summer vacations at the lake with too much sun, more than enough wine and the smell of campfires in the kid’s hair
- carpooling to the kid’s extra-curriculars and bitching about the never-ending laundry with the other Moms
- inching closer every month to burning the mortgage papers
- dreaming about an empty nest with equal amounts of excitement and anxiety
Then life threw you a curve ball and the plan went up in smoke.
Now work is a blur, your family is tiptoeing around you and the thought of starting over sends you staggering to the couch to binge Bling Empire with a glass of Pinot.
Everyone thinks you should just “let it go.” Some days it takes all the strength you’ve got to not throat-punch the next person who tells you to “just think positive”.
You don’t have to feel this way
You’re here because you’re looking for help. That’s a great first step towards feeling strong and in control again.
But before you can move forward, there are 3 important things you need to understand:
- You don’t deserve what happened to you
- You’re not alone
- Just because you’ve tried things that didn’t work doesn’t mean nothing will
This does not have to be your new normal
- get emotional control
- find your confidence again
- learn how to handle whatever life throws at you without spiraling into overwhelm
- figure out what makes you happy
- create a future that’s better than your old one (one that includes your needs, not just everyone else’s)
Along the way you’ll remember just how bad-ass you are. You’ll feel powerful not powerless. You’ll build rock-solid belief in yourself and how strong and resilient you are.
You’ll have the peace of knowing that you’ll be OK no matter what life throws at you.
make the decision to get control of your emotions, get back in the driver’s seat of our life and start creating the future you want
"Colleen is very easy to speak to and supportive in the decisions I am currently working through. I have a more positive outlook on my options for metastatic cancer treatment, which gives me confidence while undergoing this difficult time in my life."
Barb M (metastatic cancer patient)
"Since coaching I have been able to remove my fears, be present, stay motivated and am actually seeing progress in myself. Colleen is very professional, empathetic and non-judgemental. When working with Colleen it seems so easy because she listens and welcomes you with open arms to make you feel secure and comfortable."
"Colleen has led me through countless personal block and, taught me the power of personal boundaries, self-love and resilience. She's dedicated to her work and I swear her courage is contagious. I always feel that I have a voice that is heard with Colleen."
I know how much it hurts
to feel alone
Like many women I’ve been hit by some nasty blindsides and found myself stuck in emotional overwhelm.
Getting diagnosed with breast cancer rocked my world
All the happy people blindly going through their day pissed me off. They didn’t know it could all be taken away in an instant.
I would’ve given anything to go back there.
I couldn’t figure out how to get a grip and get back on track. I wondered what was wrong with me. Why couldn’t I just “snap out of it”?
The key was figuring out how to flip the switch, stop my emotions from running the show and start thinking straight
Figuring that out changed everything. Every time I had a setback I designed a better comeback:
- got fired – got a new job with higher pay, a travel allowance and expense account
- big empty nest house feeling kind of lonely – downsized into a condo and never shovelled snow again
- got cancer – got really clear on who and what I wanted in my life then built a new life focused on chasing happiness instead of dollars
A curve-ball can be a wake-up call. It’s an opportunity to get clear on what you really want. Once you know that you can figure out how to get it.
I teach women like you how to:
- flip the switch in your brain from overwhelmed and emotional to calm and rational
- see starting over as an opportunity
- design a new future that focuses on your wants and needs (not everyone else’s)
- create a new plan to get it
- identify the possible roadblocks you’ll come up against and have a strategy to get past them so you don’t get derailed
And just so we’re clear, I’m not afraid to give you a good kick in the pants if needed.
Because no woman should give up on her dreams.
You deserve to live your best life with few regrets and lots of laugh lines
Wondering if coaching will work for you?
You can check out the FAQ page for answers to the most common questions women have when deciding how to get back into the driver’s seat of their lives.
Or you can book a free call and we can chat and figure out if we are a good fit for each other.
Click the button below and let’s talk.
Group Coaching Workshops
Are for women interested in trying coaching at low cost.
Group coaching takes place in a private Facebook setting with a number of participants. The program runs for a set period of time with weekly coaching sessions.
You’ll have access to training videos, live Q&A sessions and lots of tools to support your learning.
Cost varies depending on length of the program.
Click the button to see current offerings.
Are for you if you like the format (and cost savings) of group coaching with the added benefit of personalized 1-on-1 time with me.
Hybrid programs include the full group coaching workshop plus a number of private coaching sessions.
Cost varies depending on the length of the program and number of 1-on-1 sessions.
Click the button to see current offerings.
Takes place online using Zoom. It’s a private, non-judgemental, supportive space. You’ll get back in control, clear on what you want and create a strategy to get it.
When roadblocks pop up you’ll get the support, tools & resources you need to overcome them.
I’ll be your cheerleader but I’ll also kick you in the pants if you need it.
Single Session – is for you if:
- You’re tired of feeling stuck, frustrated and scared
- You’re ready to take action
- You realize you can’t do it on your own and want the help of a coach who understands you
6 Session Package is for you if:
- You’ve tried a single session (or two)
- You’re seeing results for the first time in a long time and you want MORE (at a discount, because HELLO! who doesn’t love a deal?!)
- You’re serious about living your best life
Want support and to be notified about upcoming group coaching programs?